- This event has passed.
Families in Recovery – Strengthening Connections One Day at a Time
August 18, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until September 29, 2020
Families in Recovery offers support and education to families, parents, and children who have been touched by addiction. Through group sessions, the program aims to help parents with substance use disorders learn healthy coping and parenting skills while balancing the needs of their recovery.
Join us Tuesdays at 10am on Zoom from August 18th to September 29th, 2020. Incentives will be given to families who actively participate in the registration, 7 sessions and a follow up meeting.
** Contact Ms. Martha for more information or to register at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-244-1360 **
The comprehensive experiential and educational program attends to a variety of challenges and experiences common to parents in recovery, including:
- Identifying Parent and Family Strengths and Needs
- Understanding How Principles of Recovery Can Be Applied to the Parenting Experience
- Learning and Navigating the Change Process as a Parent and within the Family
- Understanding How Family History Influences Parenting and Communication Style
- Developing an Understanding of Discipline and Development
- Identifying and Practicing Healthy Coping Skills
- Managing Visits and Effective Communication with Caregivers
- Developing a Plan for Individual Self-Care and Family Wellness as Part of the Recovery Experience