Families in Recovery – Strengthening Connections One Day at a Time
June 2 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until July 14, 2020
Families in Recovery offers support and education to families, parents, and children who have been touched by addiction. Through group sessions, the program aims to help parents with substance use disorders learn healthy coping and parenting skills while balancing the needs of their recovery.
Join us Tuesdays at 7pm on Zoom from May 26th to July 14th, 2020. Incentives will be given to families who actively participate in the registration, 7 sessions and a follow up meeting. Dinners from local restaurants will be sent at 6:30 every Tuesday for the entire family of participants who register for each session. Contact Ms. Martha for more information or to register at email@example.com or 814-244-1360.
You can also register at the link below:
The comprehensive experiential and educational program attends to a variety of challenges and experiences common to parents in recovery, including:
- Identifying Parent and Family Strengths and Needs
- Understanding How Principles of Recovery Can Be Applied to the Parenting Experience
- Learning and Navigating the Change Process as a Parent and within the Family
- Understanding How Family History Influences Parenting and Communication Style
- Developing an Understanding of Discipline and Development
- Identifying and Practicing Healthy Coping Skills
- Managing Visits and Effective Communication with Caregivers
- Developing a Plan for Individual Self-Care and Family Wellness as Part of the Recovery Experience